Plan today…so you can have financial freedom tomorrow.
Retirement planning is all about financial freedom and organising your assets and savings into a plan which will meet your goals for retirement. You might be retired for 20 + years so it’s essential to kick start your plan for now, and into the future. No matter what age or life stage you are, there are steps you can take today to help you achieve your retirement goals.
As you prepare yourself financially (and mentally) for retirement, there are some important considerations for your financial future.
We can help you by:
- Looking at your current financial position and discuss your future goals
- Analysing any taxation or superannuation laws, or Centrelink rules that will apply to your situation
- Recommending investments that will help you achieve your goals
- Creating a financial plan to guide your financial decisions
- Providing advice on how you can still earn a regular income once you’ve retired
- Explain how you can top up your income with Centrelink benefits
- Provide advice on how to maximise your super – even after you’ve retired.
There are a number of things you can do in the lead up to retirement to make your financial future more secure.
Make Additional Contributions to your Super – You can top up your super with some of your non-super savings, making it a more tax-effective way to save. if you’re self-employed, or earning little income from an employer, or not working at all, you may be able to claim super contributions as a tax deduction.
Receive a Super Top-Up from the Government – If you earn lower amounts you may be eligible for additional contributions via the Government Co-Contribution. Visit the ATO website for more details
Salary Sacrifice into Super – If you are an employee, you may be able to put some of your pay straight into super. Visit the ATO website for more details
Transition to Retirement – If you are aged 55 or older, you may be able to turn some of your normal income into a more tax-effective income from super. More details here
Are you on track for Retirement ?
Reg Leis Financial Services offers a range of personalised and tailored advice solutions to help protect what’s important to you. Make an obligation-free appointment to talk to one of our financial advisers today about planning for your Retirement including Superannuation Strategies.