Protect your Property

Strata Insurance is designed for buildings under strata, group, body corporate or community title. It’s compulsory in every state so if you’re part of an owners’ corporation in a townhouse, unit, flat, apartment or duplex or commercial strata building, you’ll need Strata Insurance.

Strata Insurance generally covers the building and all common or shared property, and contents which belong to the owners’ corporation. This may include car parks, common areas, ceilings, floors, lifts, swimming pools and shared contents such as lawn mowers and washing machines.

The type of cover and its cost will depend on the kind of building, where it’s located and the amount of common property you share. You don’t want to be left to foot the bill if there’s damage to shared parts of the building or property. You’ll also need to consider your liability and contents as a lot owner, especially if you rent your property to a tenant.

Our team of insurance professionals take the time to listen to what’s important to you and talk to you about your strata insurance options.

What can Strata Insurance cover?

  • Building Replacement & Reinstatement – Provides cover for the buildings, fencing, fixtures, fittings and any other improvements of a structural nature in Common Property areas.
  • Public Liability – Covers the legal liability of the Body Corporate. This does not include cover for liability of the unit owner, except where liability relates to the Insured property or common contents.
  • Personal Accident for Voluntary Workers – Provides compensation to any person who voluntarily works on behalf of the Body Corporate.
  • Fidelity Guarantee – Protects the Body Corporate against fraudulent embezzlement or fraudulent misappropriation of their funds and tangible assets.
  • Office Bearers – Committee members can be personally responsible for decisions they make on behalf of the Body Corporate. Office Bearers Liability protects committee members when liability has arisen from an alleged or wrongful act, omission or breach of duty.
  • Catastrophe – Provides an additional sum following a large loss (such as an earthquake, bushfire, tsunami or cyclone) when a state of emergency is declared.
Request a quote

Subscribe to our newsletter

For over 50 years, we’ve been helping Australian businesses ‘Protect What’s Important’

Keep up to date with the latest news, tools and resources.