Trade Insurance

Trade Insurance 2018-05-16T11:12:23+00:00

As a tradesman, your business is you and your tools and, due to the hazardous nature of worksites, there are plenty of risks you can face. It makes good sense to protect yourself, your assets and your business with Trade Insurance.

Types of Cover

Public Liability

This type of cover protects your trade business against the financial risk of being found liable to a third party for death or injury, loss or damage of property resulting from your legal liability. It’s vitally important for all tradesmen who are self-employed or who are working as subcontractors and can help you comply with any industry conditions or requirements if you work in certain industries or different states. It is also important to ensure you have enough cover for the full extent of any claims made against you.

Tools of Trade

This covers your own tools and equipment and is vital when you are going from job to job so that you’re not left out of pocket due to theft and damage. Cover can be extended or added onto your liability insurance but can also be insured by itself.

Plant & Equipment

This type of insurance is designed to meet the specific needs of contractors who operate earth-moving equipment and other mobile construction and materials handling equipment. Plant & Equipment Insurance policies involve covers such as:

  • Material Damage
  • Road Risk Liability
  • Hired In Plant
  • Consequential loss
  • Breakdown
  • Business Liability

Cover can also be extended to cover increase costs of working, lease payments and lease value, and hook liability.

Commercial Motor Vehicle & Trailer

You can choose various levels of coverage depending on how much protection you want for your vehicle. We can offer you numerous premium vehicle insurance policies covering:

  • Comprehensive market value or agreed value
  • Third party property damage, plus fire & theft
  • Third party property damage

Cover can also be extended to include a hire vehicle following an accident and nil excess on windscreens.

How would you cope if you were off work for 6 months?

Would your savings cover your living expenses and bills? Most tradies understand their ability to earn an income is their most important asset. Personal Accident & Sickness Insurance or Income Protection replaces a percentage of your income if you cannot continue to work due to an unforseen accident, illness or accidental death. premiums are fully tax deductable and will help look after your family and to cover the costs of expenses such as mortgages, bills, and general living expenses.

If you are after a product with broader coverage, Reg Leis Financial Services provides Personal Insurance products such as Income Protection.

Request a quote

Get in touch

Your Local Insurance and Risk Management Specialists. For over 50 years, we’ve been helping Australian businesses ‘Protect What’s Important’

Request Call back