Trades Insurance to protect your business

As a tradie, your business is you and your tools. It’s important to have the right tools for the job, and it’s just as important to get the right tradesman insurance for your business.

A simple tailor-made insurance package for tradies can provide the cover needed to meet your particular business needs.

Our team of experienced professionals take the time to listen to what’s important to you and talk to you about your insurance options.

Types of Cover

Tradies Public Liability Insurance

This type of cover is an essential cover for any Trades professional. It protects against any damage or injuries that may be caused by an accident. It’s vitally important for all tradesmen who are self-employed or who are working as subcontractors and can help you comply with any industry conditions or requirements if you work in certain industries or different states. It is also important to ensure you have enough cover for the full extent of any claims made against you.

Tradies Tool Insurance

As a tradie, you’ve probably built up your tools over a period of time and it’s a significant investment you’ve made to have the right equipment to do your work. This type of insurance covers your own tools and equipment and is vital when you are going from job to job so that you’re not left out of pocket due to accidental loss, damage or theft. Cover can be extended or added onto your public liability insurance but can also be insured by itself.

Plant & Machinery Insurance

This type of insurance cover is won’t be relevant for all tradies, but for others will be vital. It’s designed for mobile plant and equipment. For trades such as plumbing and landscaping and those involved in excavation and earthmoving, you’ll generally own some form of plant and machinery. This could include include trailers, excavators, mobile and tower cranes, bulldozers, earthmoving equipment, mining equipment and more. It could also be equipment used in your warehouse such as forklifts, scissor lifts and other equipment. Plant & Machinery Insurance policies involve covers such as:

  • Material Damage

  • Road Risk Liability

  • Hired In Plant

  • Consequential loss

  • Breakdown

  • Business Liability

Commercial Motor Vehicle & Trailer

It’s likely your trailer holds all your essential tools and equipment necessary for carrying out your trade. Protecting them is vital and trailer insurance is a must have for any tradie. Protect your ute, van, truck or trailer with commercial motor vehicle insurance, tailored to your needs. You can choose various levels of coverage depending on how much protection you want for your vehicle. We can offer you numerous premium vehicle insurance policies covering:

  • Comprehensive market value or agreed value

  • Third party property damage, plus fire & theft

  • Third party property damage

Cover can also be extended to include a hire vehicle following an accident and nil excess on windscreens.

Insurance for Subcontractors

Protect yourself financially against the risks that an employer would cover if you were on a wage.

When you make the switch from being an employee to a subcontractor you gain a lot in terms of control over your time and your income, but you lose a lot in the way of your protection.

The three main risks to consider are suffering a personal injury or illness yourself, causing personal injury to someone else and causing damage to another person’s property. As a subcontractor, you’re on your own when it comes to these risks. Public Liability and Accident & Illness / Income Protection can help. Many companies will require that subcontractors provide evidence of cover for these types of policies before allowing you on site.

Contractual Liability is designed to cover you if you’ve signed a contract where your public liability insurance cover won’t cover you. A chat with one of our qualified professional insurance brokers can help you decide the type and level of cover you need.

How would you cope if you were off work for 6 months?

If you are unfortunate enough to be injured in an accident would your savings cover your living expenses and bills? Most tradies understand their ability to earn an income is their most important asset. Personal Accident & Sickness Insurance or Income Protection replaces a percentage of your income if you can’t work due to an unforseen accident, illness or accidental death. Personal Accident Insurance covers tradies 24/7 whether you are at work or home. Unlike WorkCover, Personal Accident Insurance covers more than just work related incidents. Premiums are tax deductable and help you recover, look after your family and help cover the costs of expenses such as mortgages, bills, and general living expenses.


Thanks Reg for great advice on my car insurance. Done within no time, I couldn’t have asked for better



Your Trusted Partner

Providing Tradesman Insurance solutions since 1968

As a long term family-owned business, we understand what it takes to build a great business and we’re passionate about helping protect your business and personal assets. Our expertise covers a broad range of risks and industries, meaning you get the benefit of professional insurance advice, personalised service and solutions for all your Tradesman Insurance needs.

Complete the form to arrange for one of our Qualified Professional Insurance Brokers to contact you and discuss your individual Tradesman Insurance needs.

Alternatively you can call us on:

(07) 5482 7485

Request a Quote

Fill out the form to arrange for one of our Experts to contact you to discuss your specific needs.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Trusted Insurance Partners we work with

See how we can help you

We are committed to understanding your needs and focused on providing you with quality advice, personalised service and tailored solutions to help you make informed decisions about protection for your business and assets.